View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Whats up with the 8?

Lately I have been thinking about hands with an 8 in it that arent low. I mean great looking high hands that have the 8 as a dangler, if it can be considered that. A couple of examples:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I have been playing these hands and so far I cant remember winning much with them. Does the 8 just make these type of hands worthless? I mean it plays with the J and the 10.

I cant figure out if I am just running terrible or if they are just bad hands to play. How are you guys doing with these hands? Is it a leak to play them? By the way I currently play them in PLO8 only. I stopped playing these hands in LO8 because they never seemed to win. I am hoping one of these scoops a big pot in PLO8 thats why I keep playing them.