View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Jaysus!!

Questions:

Is AP a profitable online room? Have they recently run into financial difficulties? Are any of the key shareholders or members of upper management suspected of having serious debts? Are any of the people behind the site suspected of having severe personal vendettas against particular high level regulars on the site?

I think it should be clear what point I am trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, seriously how is anyone going to know the answers to any of these questions

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I was just trying to make the point that IF absolute was directly involved to any extent - there would have to be some sort of reason behind them doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, and that's how you break one of these things down.

list possibilities, assign a probability to each and investigate the most likely scenarios first.

lol at "who would know the answers to these questions". That isn't the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright man so now that you have the possibilities fill me in on how you plan to investigate. We really can't investigate because we do not have the information necessary to begin to answer any of the questions. I understand that he is trying to list all of possibilities of how AP might be involved. There is really no point in doing this because we can only specualte if AP is involved or not. Everyone can have their opinion but how are we to go about figuring out if AP is involved or if this is just individuals that figured out how to hack the site or whatever they did.