View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 400: What a Sweet Ending

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this line.

I would bet the flop 100% of the time here. I have to believe I'm ahead and each card that falls after the flop is much more likely to hurt my hand than help it. An ace can (and did) cripple your hand. Once the ace falls, any ace beats you and any action you would have gotten from tt,jj, or qq is gone.

If you get check raised on the flop, you'll have to make a decision based on your read and how likely he is to be ahead. Yes, it would be a tough decision, BUT what else do you expect to have happen when a guy slowplays his AA when you raise with KK? This hand is suppose to be an absolute disaster for you. Yes, you lost a very small amount, but only because your opponent misplayed his hand badly. If he hadn't gotten cute and reraised your preflop bet like he should have, you are in some deep s--- and in serious danger of being stacked. This donk slowplayed his aces and cost himself a good chunk of money.

I understand what you are saying about pot control and I agree that there is a time for that, but I really don't like it here when the board is paired and you are holding KK. Your kings are vunerable and a 9, while unlikely is possible. Don't get tricky here. Bet the flop and expect to take it down right there most of the time.

Your line happened work incredibly well in this instance, but then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If are dealt KK and your opponent is dealt AA, if you don't lose a ton, you probably did something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate you putting your thoughts in here instead of a just a line or two. We need more of that.

My kings are hardly vunerable here. If he reraises me on the flop, we have a totally different hand, and I'm likely to be stacked. This is because the spr would be much greater, and I feel much more comfortable getting it in with an spr of 3.