View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management Thoughts from the cheap seats. - long

[ QUOTE ]
I cash out when I get risk adverse. Some of you guys find that ludicrious but I think we all hit a level of risk adversity at some point, mine just happens to be quite low.

When I get risk adverse I stop playing optimal poker. That is bad. I know it's bad so I cash out. That trend has to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this mean - when you move up you are under rolled and start playing like wimp??

[ QUOTE ]
I also know that staying at levels lower than necessary actually makes problems too as the value of that money becomes so insignificant as to allow you to donk it away, go on ego runs and tilt fests, all of which do not help you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play 50c-100c - 10/20 ... $$ makes no difference (only winning ... and by winning I mean playing what I think is correctly)

[ QUOTE ]

Taking a $5 dollar investment and making a 800% return in 3 months puts all kinds of crazy thoughts into your head.

Oh imagine if it were 100 bucks and I did that, etc. So now we want to level up to compete with the rush of making mucho and we just aren't qualified for that experience

[/ QUOTE ]

get these thoughts out of your head ... the only time poker will ever make a large impact on life is when I win a WPT title (lol)

your cash for levels looks OK
I would play with more for 2-4 (especially 6max)
think about it
you sit down with $200 ... that's five tables max (i've had a bad day on all tables once) - that would cripple you

I've only cashed out once ...
I always tell myself ... I'll play till A/B level and stay there for a while and cash out when X dollar

then I get to that $ level then look at the next level up (see a bunch of retards sitting at the table - and know that it's the same game) - and say F U C K that cashing out [censored] IT'S GO TIME

always play with what you are willing to lose (no more) - you want to play another level up (take a standard bring-in, - that's now fun money ... are you willing to lose all tat money - if not, don't move up if it will effect your currently level of play)