View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: How should a society deal with drugs?

All of these depend on dosage, tolerance and individual reactions to each form of drug. There are people who become totally incapable of focus and function on small doses of marijuana or alcohol, and there are others who can be quite focused on large doses of acid.

(Given your avatar, anecdotal evidence for that was after the Band of Gypsy's concert NYE 69-70. There was an ice storm during the concert and the sidewalks outside the Fillmore East were treacherous. People were slipping and falling constantly, in all different states of sobriety. I was dosed very high that night, but when I saw the conditions I decided that I wasnt going to slip, and was the only one in my group of 8 not to. Something very similar happened driving home from the second night of The Wall. While others were having tremendous problems holding the road (through a paranoia causing line of police on the LIE aiding stranded motorists no less), I found that "oneness with the car and the road" and didnt have the slightest bit of trouble adjusting to the conditions.)