View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: On the subject of colluders in online o8 games

To set up a successful collusion O8 team would in my opinion require a knowledge of the game that would allow the player to beat the game for a nice winrate playing fairly, and would take more effort within a hand than one might think to really utilize the edge knowledge of extra 4 cards possess. I think this situation makes it much less likely that anyone really capable of the kind of colluding that would cut into a winning player's profit would generally not be playing games below 10/20. At higher levels, there is more scrutiny and a smaller player pool, so it becomes more obvious who might be working together. I have never been too worried about colluders in the games i have been playing over the past year, which range from 15/30 to 100/200, although I most likely have been the victim of cooperative playing and cardsharing. If certain games or players start being unusually hard to beat I might be more on the lookout for this kind of thing, but so far it seems that the good players are hard to beat and the bad players easy. The edge of the former group comes from skilled play that is very comprehensible to me and the consistent losing of the bad players can be understood as the opposite. I will definitely post on 2p2 if my experience in this area changes.