View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: JJ in sb versus BelowAbove

my simple thoughts behind this-

flatting the initial raise - pretty sure this guy had been pretty tight, and I don't like creating big pots OOP with marginal hands like JJ.

now with the raise from BA - its the 2nd orbit of the tourney, I simply don't think he's squeezing here for 180 chips this early in tourney with no real information on anyone, with a starting stack of 5k, with anything but a premium hand. I know hes LAG, but this was so early in the tournament, and I had just watched a few of his vids, and it did not seem like he'd be doing this with anything but a high pair here at THIS POINT in the tourney.

as for the shania/meta-game factor, I'm fully aware of him 3betting and squeezing light, and if this somehow gave him the impression that he could run me over, it simply wasn't an issue to me as I was ready to shove on basically his first re-steal attempt with any2 - i don't know how this sounds but I wasn't going to let him resteal from me all tourney - i had already told myself this when I saw him to my immed. left, and figured id shove in what is most likely a 60/40 scenario, or I am dominating him with a higher ace or w/e - any scenario seemed fine as I know I'm not dominated too often.

If I do flat his raise, then I'm playing a BIG POT OOP against a much better player than I am who is in position, with a marginal holding like JJ. I simply did not want to do this at this stage of the tournament. If this was an hour later in the tourney, it's a very different story.