View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: whats a solid BB/100 ratio for Omaha?

I think i made a mistake in that last post. At the 95% level, it should say that 2.5% of the people with a true winrate of 2 sd below your winrate will run as well as you over whatever # of hands, since i used the z-score of a 2-tail distribution.

Anyway, I've corrected that, and I also wanted to make something people could reference in the future, since this question is asked like every other day. So here's a generic table based on an SD or 80 and wr/100 of 8. The "x% min" columns mean that that %age of the people with the winrate in that column will run at 8bb/100 over that number of hands. E.g., over 20k hands, about a third of people with true winrates of around 5.7 bb/100 will run at or better than 8bb/100, and about 5% of people who are 1.3 bb/100 losers will run at 8bb/100 as well.

Note that these outcomes are dependant on the standard deviation but NOT on the winrate. So it's perfectly fine to plug in a different winrate, and just take the winrate and subtract the z-score for the %age you want times the number under "sd in bb/100." The z-score for 33% is .439, for 25% is .674, and for 5% is 1.645.