View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Former Girlfriends/ Hookups asking about current girl situation...

This is something that I have noticed with a few past girlfriends / hookups where I have remained in contact with them after we stopped getting together. The conversation will be going normally and then the question comes, "so any new hot girls in your life" or "meet any hot girls" when asking about a party I went to etc.

Well today I was on the phone with my latest ex when this situation arises. Now a little background, we were together until she graduated and moved for her new job, we talk fairly frequently and I recently bought a ticket to go visit her. She was asking me about my Thursday night, I tell her that I met a bunch of people that just moved into my apartment complex that are from near where I am from. Her next comment is "Oh, meet any hot girls?"

I hear this comment and I'm kind of just dumbfounded on how to answer it. I'm about to be going to visit her where we will be getting together while I'm there. Does she honestly expect a truthful answer? What tends to be the girl's objective when they ask this question? Is it an attempt to try to keep me in check, or feel out if I've been seeing other people to make her feel better about doing it herself, or giving herself a reason to do something with someone else?

Any insight?