View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Ama, I agree 100% with locking that absolutely ridiculous thread. But, man, I do have issues with this comment you made:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then AZplaya posts results, and a bunch of people who have no authority or experience to do so start saying that its an "easy fold" and if you don't fold then "good luck in your poker career". Which is just mind-numbingly ridiculous, un-neccessary and stupid, given that almost eveyone saying "fold" would be unable to do so in the 10 or so seconds allocated to them at the table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?

a. I cannot believe that you think any decent player would call there. I also cannot believe you think it was close. We simply cannot assign villain ANY RANGE we beat. A set? A Kd? TcJc? WTF?? And the poster who said 99% of us would call was also wrong IMO. I'd say the figure would be 50% at most, and that would mainly be less experienced/lower stakes players, as Traz mentioned near the end of the thread.

b. Surely you can't think that anyone who posted after the results were posted was only doing so because they knew the results? Come on man - loads of respected posters posted after the results and know better than to be so results-orientated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to address this post and then I will let that hand die a happy death:

I decided to post this hand because after I called, I thought that the river action and type of villian might make this a fold. After some decent hand analysis and pot odds evaluation, I think the general consensus was that this was a fold. Then I posted the results and the discussion turned from strategy to an e-pissing contest about who would be able to fold and who wouldn't.

Bottom line is this - it's easy to play armchair quaterback and say "OMG I would fold this he obviously has the sf." Seriously though, with your timeback running down, holding an ace high flush in this spot, finding a fold is much easier said than done. Saying "any decent player would fold this" is a bit over the top but whatever. Saying that over 50% of uNL posters would be able to fold in this spot is just plain laughable.