View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: choose my action, deep multiway

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, A256 is not a hand you want to see a flop with in a reraised pot preflop. You're immediately playing the hand post flop to hit a 34x or 22x, 55x or 66x board.
If you hit an ace you have absolutely no kicker whatsoever so you're praying for 2 pair and all of your opponents to miss their higher 2 pair draws.
It's one of those hands that looks good, but just isn't. It loses a lot of value in multiway pots due to making too many non nut straights, non nut flushes and non nut full houses.

It can probably be played profitably with position by good players, but then that applies to any 4 cards usually.

However telling readers of this forum that it is a good hand is just unacceptable, as most play in games where this reraise from middle position puts A256 in a lot of problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was trying to say.

I would also like to add that on the flop you have the worst possible position relative to the preflop raiser, who can be expected to initiate the action.

Of course if the guy is the type of clown who checks an AK3 flop after limp reraising, then I guess this point doesn't apply. He should definitely be firing no matter how badly he missed. That's a very good flop for him to take it down right there.

Finally, I don't think you should be playing it preflop like this if your standard line is to check behind when both players have checked to you on this flop.