View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: The Office Season 4 Premiere 9/27

[ QUOTE ]
We find out David Wallace offered Jim the job but he turned it down, due to Pam of course. No idea where else the Jim & Pam thing is going. We all want to see them together, but is the show as entertaining if they are? Not sure.

I think the Michael and Jan thing has run it's course. I'd be okay with her being gone. And Michael should definitely be on hard times financially or with his living situation, after taking on Jan for some period of time and after "selling" his condo. Maybe he could live in the barn on the beet farm!

Ryan as Michael's boss--quite a bit of potential for funny in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

its pretty easy to speculate that jim got offered the job and turned it down because of pam. i think the "is the show as entertaining if they're together" thing is most definitely yes. The best part of the show was jim and pam's funny interactions in season 1 and season 2 which were lost in season 3, and I definitely think 3 was only weaker for it.

It might be too simple and too much if it just ends up being "well jim and pam are now dating, jim turned down the job to be with pam". i'm kind of expecting and hoping for something more complicated than this. The Jim + Pam relationship is the foundation of the show and I think they will have a hard time screwing that up for at least 2-3 seasons, unless they let the relationship die off too much, which i think they were in danger of doing in season 3.