View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool, thanks for suggestions everyone. I guess I'll add my own too... I'm really considering a world tour Dan Bitel style, but I'm apprehensive about traveling by myself. I don't know anyone with the money/time to go with me. Has anyone backpacked around alone and still had a good time?

I'm sure I could meet up with random 2p2'ers and make friends at hostels and stuff, but I'm still not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
My last trip I spent 10 months backpacking alone and had an absolutely great time overall. Obviously some emo days as well, but that's how life is. I did have to work on opening myself up a lot. If you're anything like the typical 2+2er, you'll have to get over talking tons of strangers every day.

Right now I'm three weeks into my second trip. I'm not into sightseeing that much, so I tend to either go for long walks or spend my days chatting up lots of strangers (young, old, local, foreign - slight bias towards young pretty women, ha). And of course lurk on 2+2 for an hour or so every day - it's like my own private space.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard a lot of success stories about backpacking alone. it's like jigsaws says though, it is what you make of it.

i'd be apprehensive too because i'm really introverted most of the time.