View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Poor Customer Service Experience =(

I had a multitude of problems with Comcast cable the first couple months I was in my current house, but eventually they were corrected. Several tech visits resulted in my HD/DVR box being swapped out a few times.

In December 2006, I wanted to watch the Packers/Vikings on NFL network, but I needed to upgrade my cable package to get the channel. So I called and upgraded, intending to cancel the next day (I haven't canceled that package because I like some of the other stuff I got and it's only $5 a month, but they took NFL network out of the package...yay).

During the conversation, the CSR and I came to realize that I had been charged for a second cable box from when my service started, which was about a year and a half of overcharges. I never noticed because I thought the "Digital Service A/O" or whatever the line item said was just a typical charge. The CSR said she'd have to forward this on to someone who can credit my bill.

Weeks went by and nothing happened.

More weeks went by and nothing happened, despite a few calls. We were now at March 2007 and my free three months of HBO, which I received for upgrading my service, were about to expire. I called Comcast to cancel HBO, while at the same time addressing the overcharges that were not only still not credited back to me, but also still on the bill every month (it's like $5/month, so I wasn't freaking out about it).

The CSR was actually able to credit me for four of the charges, but for some reason, had to hand it off to someone else to do the rest. In the meantime, I requested that my free HBO be extended for my troubles. To my surprise, she gave me SIX more months. Sold.

Well, the six months are about up and I'll be calling to try to get more. They still haven't credited me back all the money they owe me. To be honest, I haven't bothered them about it because I want to use it as a bargaining chip now that I'm hooked on HBO. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and my cable internet constantly goes out unless I have the modem hooked up directly to the wall jack. Thus, I can't watch TV in my office where the modem is. Several techs have come out to fix that and none have succeeded.