View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: The 99 Preflop SB Debate

i think donkeykong and TA3 say it well in that it really is a case of it being based on recent hand history and adapting your decisions based on what your opponent will think of you based on recent collisions. this is pretty much what i realised when taking time off and studying the game, that against regulars it really is very history based and using that to your advantage.

dtan, i agree in general that people won't fire 2 barrels on turn and river in that hand betting system, but they will if i start folding rivers. so i'd need to call sometimes and fold others, which then becomes a bit of a lottery not in our favour as we are the ones always checking whereas he can decide whether to bet or check based on the recent history, and use that to his advantage.

anyways, i'm not trying to suggest any of you are wrong, we all have our ideas and i imagine we are all long term winners, but i just wanted to pose this as i think as we are up against more regulars at 2-4nl+ it's become more important to know what to do have hand plans and a range of hand plays based on recent play rather than having a set system (which i think works well at below 2-4nl, but 3-6nl and above i think concentrating on your opponents becomes increasingly important - yeah very basic, but still very important).