View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Payout Structure

[ QUOTE ]
we are highly likely to just steal the blinds here and they are huge. Our plan shouldnt really ever be to fold into the money, all we do is limit our ability to make the big bucks. Tournament ROI is all about the top couple spots. We take risks and gambles to try to secure the first and second places more often than our opponents. SO we push A9s utg. many times we get called by an underpair and were a good coinflip with plenty of overlay. sometimes we face a King high hand and were a 60/40. Very occasionally were dominated by a bigger ace and we still have a 30% chance to win the pot, and with that much in the pot already its a very good gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said...

Also, the thing we are worried anout most is beingd ominated by a higer ace yeah?

I just did some quick maths which help show how why we have to push here. If we are called by a higher ace who isnt one of the blinds, we are still only 10k -EV.

We are going to make much more than this up when they call with a lower pair, or when they call with a lower ace or a king.

The other thing to think about is that with our stack size, being in the blinds is going to be -EV in itself. If we double up, our expectation of the blinds goes up, so the move is +EV for this hand, and +EV for the next 2 as well.

I'm not sure I made that clear, but i hope you get my drift.