View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: high stakes absolute players

[ QUOTE ]
and anyone who is clever enough to hack the [censored] a site, i would expect would be clever enough to play in a way that doesnt set off any warning bells.

it's really not hard for them to just play straight forward and crush the games making the occasional brilliant fold, perfectly timed bluff raise, or other things that nobody would notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. I think that a likely scenario is that the hackers were not particularly well versed in online poker (playing even a "standard" looking game is not something that comes easily). Somebody who is already taking lots of money out of poker is probably overall less likely to spend time trying to beat the software. I think that for anyone who hasn't been a long term poker player/gambler the urge to take the money quickly would be unsurmountable.

I think this also explains the chip dumping - a move that seems absurdly stupid to any regular player.

It must be extremely unlikely that Absolute missed the chip dumping activity, so I would suspect they are doing their own investigations right now.