View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My immense knowledge says that any interest group worth a grain of salt would not spend one second supporting or encouraging their members to support a fringe candidate.

My immense knowledge says that an interest group that really wants to get a law changed or regulations weakened would get behind candidates who have a chance to win and change the law.

I don't want the PPA to become the LPP (Libertarian Poker Players).

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it seems all you can do is tell us what NOT to do. Which candidate do we support? How do we gain their support? What's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Ron Paul is too far away from the mainstream to be a viable candidate. While I like some of his views, many of them are a little out there.

I believe our best approach (in the Republican primary) is to support the federalist candidate. Thompson has already seperated himself from FoF by saying that he personally opposes gay marriage but does not feel that the Federal Govt. should be the ones legislating it. It should be left up to the states. I honestly believe that he will take the same approach to gaming. He seems to be the only true "small government" candidate that has a real shot at the nomination.

Here is a good explanation of his idea of federalism:
Thompson on Federalism