View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: high stakes absolute players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are really concerned that they are cheating, datamine them for a while and put together a meaningful sample.

I would be interested in seeing how it pans out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well damn it. I was just about to swing a lot of money into Absolute because of their ridiculous high stakes interest program. This makes me think twice. And then a third time. I would love to see a sample size of over 5000 or so hands if anyone has the desire to datamine for that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chances that these guys continue operating under these sceen names is minimal given the reports of recent chipdumping and this thread. Probably the only way to get a decent sample size on them would be to have a bunch of people combine databases or something.

Also, it looks like if they are in fact seeing other peoples cards, they are likely seeing everyones cards. What is technical feasability of this? To see one persons cards, all it would take would be to install a trojan on their computer, right? But to see everyones cards, they'd basically have to hack the site? If this is possible online poker is probably f*cked if/when it gets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had a conversation with two programmers who said its certainly within the realm of possibility that someone could do this, however they have no experience with online poker or whatever measures the sites take against this so who really knows.

One thing ive seen is that neither greycat or steamroller plays very much, at least not from what I see. Seems to me if they were just rich fish they would be at the tables far more, that type just strikes me as more of the "addicted" crowd.