View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

As a Chelsea season ticket holder I would disagree with the thoughts here on Chelsea's front line this season.

Drogba had an amazing first half of last season, the second half not much so, but this was still a huge improvement on his previous seasons for us. After all the criticism of him (which was fully deserved) he played an incredible few months and has since 'leveled off' in his performances. However, he is still one of the best strikers around at the moment.

I'm surprised you are all not impressed by Pizarro. He has played very little time on the pitch so far this year but his control and link up are looking very promising. I was not expecting much from him but I can see him looking good alongside Drogba. He is a replacement for that Gudjohnsen type role which we have missed in certain games since he left. He has made of the better starts for a forward at Chelsea that I have seen over the past 10 years.

Shevchenko was not as terrible as many pundits made out last year, but he was incredibly disappointing. I was a big of his before he came to Chelsea. He looked woefully unfit last year. I am prepared to give him a fresh chance this season when you take into account the poor first (or 2) seasons of many of the Premierships best imported strikers.

I have to disagree with mosdef about Kalou. Kalou I am far from convinced about. He is somewhat talented but lacks skill and workrate. His final ball and shooting is frankly appalling in general.