View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Kidpoker > Stinger

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of you guys seem to think that all the internet superstars are much better NL players than someone like Daniel. I also think that people had a lot of fun watching Daniel spew for a few episodes on HSP.

I remember playing in the 200-400nl live games at Bellagio 2 WSOP's ago and everyone in the game talking about how horrible Daniel was at NL. Daniel may not have been as good at NL as the regulars who play high NL on the net nor high NL in the bigger live games at that particular time, but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have the poker skill to be one of the best NL players if he so choosed they are crazy.

Daniel has been one of the best donkament players when he has applied himself to tourneys, I think if he applied himself to NL whether it was live or on the net he'd experience similar success. His style in tournaments isn't to push and hope to get lucky, he plays better post flop than most of the players and has a unique style that is perfectly suited for good structure NL tournaments. He is also a good enough poker player that if he wanted to find a style that would work in cash games he surely would.

I have played pretty much all of the "great" live NL players, I have also played most of these superstar internet players a bunch whether it was HU or ring, and in my opinion if Daniel N decided that he wanted to focus on NL cash games be it on the Net or Live, he'd be a pretty big winner and probably one of the top players.

He may make a few mistakes early on that the more deep stacked experienced cash players would laugh at, but he probably wouldn't make them for long.

The problem with Daniel is that he unlike many of the current NL poker superstars du jour isn't spending 10-14 hours a day playing NL. This is pretty much the only thing separating him from the current top players.

H.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone would disagree with the idea that Negreanu would be a top High Stakes NLHE player if he applied and dedicated himself.

What peopel don't like is how Negreanu acts as if he is ALREADY one of the top no limit holdem players, when he isn't.