View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: new to playing online

[ QUOTE ]
I have read several books and at times feel they ma have made me play too tight and predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand your feeling, you might feel something like this : *i can't play ABC poker all the time, they will notice, read me too easily. I won't get paid with my big hands and will get bluffed out of pots too often*

truth is, you are wrong. especially at 1/2 and lower online.
with proper balancing, ABC poker is the way to go.

here's the bad news now. playing good ABC poker still takes some time to learn and master.

you will also have to adjust at playing online compared to what you are used live. the game pace is quite faster, no physical tells to rely on, plenty of bad players that will suck out on you many times in a row, etc.

my point is : its quite easy to go nuts online when you are not used to it. getting bad beated 5 times in a row in 15 minutes is not something pleasant when it happens for the first time (the 84th time still doesn't feel better). it's quite easy to tilt, jump in bigger games in a matter of seconds and put your roll on jeopardy...

my advice. give it a shot with a limited bankroll (200-500$, whatever) play lower than you are used to for a couple hours to get the feel of it, reevaluate, and go on.

.fs.