View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: NL10. Turn brings flush but pairs board, now what?

i think a semi-bluff raise on the flop is a bad idea in such a multi-way pot with 6 players going to the flop. the reason for that is that you will most likely chase away other flush draws, hands you want to stay with you in the hand (as it creates a profitable situation when they hit the 2nd best hand - given a situation where the board does not pair on the turn, as it does here). sets wont fold but reraise you if you semi-bluff here which is bad, as you will have to fold.
you could argue that calling flop, then betting on turn, when you hit your flush makes it more obvious that you hit but lower flushes are still in the hand and might get stacked by you. additionally sets will probably still hang around to the river to boat up (this is generally speaking of course, it doeas not apply to this particular hand where the turn paired the board).
with lets say 3 people going to the flop i might semi-bluff and raise on the flop as it is less likely for a lower flush draw to be in the hand as well.

of course i am not an expert, so i would like to know what you guys think about my reasoning.