Thread: Somalia
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Somalia

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
subsitute "Rube Goldberg device" for "hamster wheel" and I agree completely, lol.

Which reminds me, I saw "Fractured" the other night. An okay movie, pretty obvious from the start. But Anthony Hopkins character built these awsome "ball roller coasters" (almost rube goldberg devices, less gimmicks though).

Spoiler in white:
<font color="white">Probably an easy fix, but Ive been staring at numbers too much today. What about double jeopardy in AC? How do you (efficiently) prevent a deep pocket from repeatedly dragging you into one DRO after another until he gets the result he wants?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is going to be a familer one, market forces. If the people don't want Double Jeopardy, they won't pay for DROs that do it. Now what keeps you from being victimized if alot of people want you to be...well protection of minorities isn't a clear point.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not "people" that want DJ, its "person". There has to be an ability to unilaterally bring someone to a DRO, or no one would get justice. If a deep pocket wants to bring the same "offender" before different DROs what is to stop him? Especially if decisions are not made public which I think was the AC line last week. Not every DRO is going to know if theres been a decision involving the same circumstances and individuals.