View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Support,

I make and distribute Custom PokerStars Table Themes from my website www.psthemes.com

I have gotten a number of messages from users, stating that the latest update from PokerStars has placed an obtrusive PokerStars logo in the center of their custom themes.

If this is so, you have destroyed a year's worth of work and financial investment in my Custom Theme work.

If you are concerned about having the PokerStars name displayed on the tables, I would gladly comply and incorporate it into my table themes.

As it is, the themes I (and many others) have made are completely useless.

I was very proud of the fact that my themes, and distribution method, complied and integrated nicely into your softrware.

If you insist on forcing your logo smack dab in the middle of my (and countless others') playing field, I shall be forced to resort to the old ways of over-riding your software and encourage people to dodge your software updates! I MUCH prefer our previous harmonious existence.

Please see if someone in your organization (responsible for themes) can contact me and help me understand the situation and the future of Table Themes and players' freedom of expression.

Thank You for your great service and software to this point.

Regards.
Bar Nuthin
www.psthemes.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Doug,

First I would like to apologize for this issue. We (support) were not made aware of the details of the update until after it was released. There are many bugs and this particular update has been rolled back. For the meantime anyone experiencing this issue should uninstall and reinstall the software to go back to the previous version.

We have made some dramatic changes to our software to allow for the ability to resize the lobby among other changes. However the logo issue was not supposed to affect custom themes. The powers that be have been made aware of this and will be looking into changing that for the next update once we work out all bugs and have it ready for release.

On a side note, how the hell are you! Costa Rica is going good, buying a car this weekend so that will make life much easier. Seems I will be staying here for quite a while. Even if things change in the states they are very impressed and happy with my ability to manage and likely will be moving up in the PokerStars world over the few months.

Well have to get back to work and make sure this is fixed so it does not negatively affect the hard work you have put into your themes. Take care and keep in touch.

Xxxxx
PokerStars Support Team