View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Default What are you working?

I don't know if this will take off, but I think it's interesting and would like to hear what other people are doing. I propose we use this thread to update the forum on changes you're making with your swing, why, and the evolving result. I like to hear about that type of thing (maybe I'm alone?), and while it might fit into the "What Did You Shoot Today" thread, I think it's separate enough that this could be good. Might be a good spot for any tips as well.

My first example:
1) For the last two years my shot has ALWAYS been right to left, varying between a nice draw and a nasty hook. Occasionally I'll block one off real bad. The past couple weeks I have been really working on getting a fade into my game. The irons have been hard coming, I think mainly because (especially with long irons) I am having trouble getting the right plane and consistently coming into the ball and an angle that results in a crisp shot (lot of fat shots). Today, though, I took the driver out, set up with an exagerated stance (stance facing way left, slightly open club face), and hit literally 15 close to perfect shots in a row. Will I replicate it? We'll see.

2) I've spent so much time on my swing, my short game (while not horrible) has been very one dimensional: when i'm close to the green, it's a putter-stroke chip. This hasn't hurt me too much, but I'm at the point where I can recognize that having a few more shots at my disposal could shave some strokes. I've been practicing the more wristy SW shot to reduce roll when necessary, and workign on big lob shots. It's frustrating, though, because I have a hard time distinguishing what happened/why between a good shot, and a rocket to the right. It does make practice easier, though, as it's a lot less boring.