View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Hate shortstackers? Enjoy 50bb minimum-buyin games? Help Negreanu

IMO, as long as one stays within the site's T&Cs why should anything one does be considered unethical? If my being ethical means that I have to ensure that YOU can win...well...that's not what it means. SSers break no rules of the site. End of story.

And frankly, the decisions for 50BB aren't substantially more difficult than those for 20BB.

Given any increase in the minimum buyin, some % of bad players will simply decide that they are risking too much and will opt not to play. Is this really want you want, bad players leaving? Maybe you should also consider moving up where players respect your raises.

If a short-stacker is bad, the good players obviously profit. If he is good, good players benefit from the SS not using his skill to learn to play with larger stacks.

I've been shortstacking on and off for 4 years. Up until a few months ago, I always bought in for 20BB. I then started buying in for 40BB, and guess what? My winrate has doubled. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.