View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

[ QUOTE ]
Cincy Lady,
Just try the $300 Sunday 3pm Gilpin Tourney... and stop with the excuses! (women...geez) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And yes I agree, Blackhawk should do a quarterly or semiannually "Big Buy In" Tourney ($500). Just make it some sort of "Championship" with a guaranteed prize pool or first prize. Give away a championship bracelet or ring. Make it over 2 weekends or something. You would easily get 2-300 people in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the 2-300 people equation, especially if they added in the Antes. People might even come from out of town to play in it.

As for me, I just can't get a handle on Blackhawk poker, and yes, it is quite frustrating.

Yesterday, I let my Evil Twin sister, Donkella (everone who plays poker has an Evil Twin Sibling, born on the day you first started to play poker ... for Guys his name is Donkzilla, for gals, Donkella), talk me into going up to the Gates to play live action simply to try to win a seat in a danged drawing for the HPT.

Cost me over 150 bucks it did for forgetting my self imposed ban on playing colorado live action games.

I've just not played in this low limit crap prior to moving here, since I first started playing poker 5 years ago.

I'm just hoping that the HPT will be different, and that there will be a better quality of player (not too good, but good enough) present during this time period, so at least the tournament won't suck as well.

FWIW, I'm also planning on playing a week later in Deadwood, SD ... is anyone else planning on making the trip there?

Only an 8hr drive each way, and rumor has it, you can play REAL poker there, including NL.

Direct buy in for the HPT ME in Deadwood will be, $1650 (which includes the juice).