View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: BBV4L Nerds, I Need Advice

[ QUOTE ]
Where are the nerds? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you had to ask didn't you

here is a great forum for HTPC issues (it's like the 2+2 of audio/video): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26

btw, i'd ditch the speakers. get real speakers and a real receiver. minimum 5 1/4 inch drivers. and it will sound 100x better, reproducing the entire frequency range (although your room's acoustics will matter a lot, but that can be treated).

i don't know what your budget is, but i'll give you some ideas for what i think are great prices for set-ups that will sounds miles ahead of what you're considering. No comparison, even with entry level real speakers. I can't imagine watch movies with the logitech setup - too much of the frequency range would be missing.

here's an example (i put a little package together just for you):

JBL bookshelf speakers ($99 a pair): $200 for 4 speakers

JBL Center : $130

Pioneer VSX-917 Receiver : $290

Dyaton 12 inch subwoofer : $135

so, total is about $750 not including shipping, but now you're getting real sound powered by a real receiver, not some computer speakers getting their juice from your computer or the sub. audio is expensive, and i only showed you entry level. but it's worth it if you listen to music, watch dvds, game. makes such a difference.