View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Poker In Colorado?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RR,
If you reply with the standard "prove it" or "this is hard to prove" - I will respond with a laundry list of examples. So please lets not waste eachothers time!

I, and many others, simply don't play there anymore because of this... but I still stand by my accusation.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically when this sort of accusation is made they claim that they are trying to trap people in the middle etc. If someone attempts to collude in this manner it just won't be effective because they are laying 2:1 (or more if you think they are raising more than 2 ways). What successful colluders do is play best hand play best hand and fold hands they otherwise wouldn't rather than lay odds to their opponents. If you have some specific examples I would be happy to look at them, but in almost every case of these allegations they are made by people that hate variance that think when people start raising because it is fun they must be colluding.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR, it's common knowledge about the Asian coluders up there in Blackhawk (They only recently started showing up at the Gilpin I'm told), they talk in their own language while in the hand, and in some cases, with the Asian dealers.

This just happened to a friend of mine this past week, when he played in your room.

All of sudden this woman was on fire, couldn't lose a hand if her life depended on it, all the while, talking in Asian with the Asian dealer.

My friend would be betting the crap out of the hand, and sure enough, she'd get her belly buster straight, or runner runner flush on the river.

She'd then tip the dealer big, and on to the next hand.

Now, even if the dealer isn't in on it, it sure smells funny to the other players, if they are talking it up in Asian with the Asian player.

You should warn you dealers that if someone is speaking in a forign langauge, that only english must be used, and to enforce the rule, and for the dealers to never speak with a fellow countryman/woman in their native tounge (that is not English) while a hand is in play.

To not do that, gives the appearance that your dealers are coluding with one or more of the players.

The English rule needs to be STRONGLY enforced, as the game in Blackhawk is hard enough to beat, without this factor in play.

One way to perhaps stop this as well, is that since all the rooms in Blackhawk allow for a hand that goes all the way to showdown to be seen at the request of the player(s) that were in the hand all the way to showdown, is to perhaps modify it like some rooms have done.

That is, to allow ANYONE at the table to request to see any hand called to showdown.

After all, that is the REAL reason that rule was started in the first place, not because as most think, 'Well, I paid to see the hand, so I should get to'.

It's really there to help prevent this very type of colusion in the first place.

Last of all, if a coluder is caught, or even suspected, they need to be at the very least, suspended for a month or something like that, and if it keeps happening, banned forever from the room.

As for me, after last night, I've decided to put a perma ban on playing live action poker in Colorado. I'll stick to tournaments, as at the very least in those (unlike live action), I normally get more play there than in a slot machine.