View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Interested in starting a keeper basketball league

[ QUOTE ]
I joined the league Clarkmeister is in that he often talks about on here, when a spot opened up this year. It is very in-depth, but is really one of the best organized and run keeper leagues I've ever been in. Let me know if you want me to email you a copy of the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy to help as well. It's by far the most interesting, in depth league I've been in, regardless of sport. I have a few friends in it who hate the NBA but keep playing because the league itself is so fun. We're in our 5th year and still have 11 of the original 16 owners, which is pretty amazing since like half the league was recruited off of fantasy basketball message boards.

I still have our initial draft setup which in retrospect worked really well. One thing to keep in mind is that the economics of the league really take several years to fully mature because of how contracts age. I think this year (year 5) is really where we are seeing things hit their stride.

I'd be interested in helping and maybe getting in.

Also, a lot depends on having a good commissioner. The league wouldn't be as good as it is without the guy we have.