View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM

Default KK OOP vs. LAG nightmare flop

Villain LAG (UTG) is 48/35/4.9 and has been running hot. He recently iso-raised my AKo UTG raise with Q9s from UTG+1 he's be raising all sorts of nonesense (74o) from various positions.

The other guy is unknown, but while waiting for my BB has been cold-calling raises in this very aggressive table. I played 1 hand against him and called and won a river c/r with AQo UI after an obvious straight and FD failed to complete on the river in a large pot.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) kimchi is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">kimchi 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">kimchi bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
kimchi checks, UTG checks.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">kimchi bets</font>

I hated that flop. Should I have checked and let him (maybe) bluff on the flop? I didn't like the apparently loose guy OTB.

Turn? I didn't want to get bluffed off the best hand - so is a check/call any good here?

The turn check suprised me. Should I have check/called the river to induce a bluff or is getting raised off the potentially best hand after a donk not worth it?

I was praying for an ace-free flop - but my heart sank when I saw that one.