View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Giuliani vs Clinton I garuntee you we have a third candidate. They may win the nominations but they are tow of the most acerbic [censored] to ever run for elected office. 80-90% of people will have a negative opinion on one of them, and thats just too high to ignore for a mega-rcih individual who wants to be President.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giuliani vs. Clinton vs. Bloomberg? I like that. FoF wouldn't go near the polls.

Could someone from the religious right make a third party run? Nah. Much as I wish they'd try, they know where their bread is buttered.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I doubt Bloomberg runs if Giuliani is in the race. Its kinda like Wright and Reyes trying to win the MVP on the same team. I think Bloomberg wants HIllary vs Mitt. He could win then. Giuliani vs Hillary could very well lead to
a 4 or 5 way race of people who could poll 5-10%, depending on how the Supreme Courts rule on ballot access. So many states have punitive ballot laws. Personally, the more the merrier, as it will lead to the breakup of the Republican Party. If you don't vote R for pres, you don't vote R for Congress. Thats borne out statisitically more than the D side.

FoF candidate? Hmmmm, the pipeline is in place. These little homeschooled nits that litter Bush's playpen will show up again in gerrymandered districts and think tanks. I don't think any have amassed political experience and capital enough to run. 2016? Provided they aren't all registered sex offenders by then. I think why we have never had a charismatic Protestant/Evangelical candidate win is that in order to build a following in American Christianity, you have to poach someone else's flock. Creative destruction has always been at work in America's churces. Its kept them fresh with ideas, but politically unable to flex disciplined muscle. Not this cycle.

RP has disavowed a run by himself. It would make for lively debates if he could get in them. Obama might even net 20% as an independent.

We have a LOT of people with net worth above 300million, which is what Id think it takes to try to win and still be megarich after.