View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: $110 HUSNG -- Whats his range? Whats yours?

So you thought preflop was -EV.

You called to re evaluate the turn. On the turn you thought he had an overpair, but you called anyways.

On the river nothing makes sense so you call with your pair of sixes.

I have a hand that this reminds me of, it was from way back ago. A wise player once told me my train of thought was crazy, it makes this hand look standard. I'll see if I can find it after I get some much needed sleep, perhaps we can learn a thing or two from the two of these.

In regards to your thought process during this hand, if you assume villain is only two barreling with an overpair then why do you call the turn bet?

That's the part that gets me. From a LAG opponent who's raising wide and betting wide and shoving wide on this river you can almost justify a call with certain hands. Your call does not justify anything preflop, obviously on the flop and turn you're not going to give up a pair of sixes if you called with that sort of a hand preflop, otherwise that call is beyond terrible (you can't call with 56o purely for straight value). But anyways, if the player is such that you can narrow his range down to a majority of overpairs on the turn bet, how do you justify any of this hand? What kind of a LAG is this? I just don't understand this part at all.

We'll talk about this when I'm in a better frame of mind, but for now my comments stand.