View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Decision at WPT Gulf Coast Championship FT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not telling the players what the rule is seem like a much worse decision than any of the possible choices as to the actual substance of the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep seeing everyone say that. I am just going to add the Johnny was completely right on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a player doesn't have the right to ask what the rules of the game are at any point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule at this point is that the floorman will make a decision in the interest of fairness. The floorman is permited to change the rules if enforcing the rules as written would be grossly unjust. This generally occurs when a player is looking to use a rule as a weapon, so in cases like this the floor is very correct to withhold the ruling. What the floor is looking to do when something like this occurrs is put the game back as close as possible to the situation that would have existed with no breach.

edit to add: I jsut read that and my explanation isn't very good. I hate to say something is true just because I say so, but you should probably consider the chances of me and Johnny agreeing on something and us both being wrong. I mgiht take a better crack at this when I am not at work.