View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Hate shortstackers? Enjoy 50bb minimum-buyin games? Help Negreanu

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MT2R I can't tell if all your posts in this thread are some kind of sarcastic nonsense or if you believe this crap..

It's not like random gambooly fish buy in for 20bbs, run it up to 50 and then cash out...

Raising the minimum buyin would only really affect the ratholers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it when I wrote it

nope....raising the min buyin affects all the players
by eliminating the competent shortstack, the fullstack good player can now use a fuller array of his tools to hurt the fish. The competent shortstack protects the fish whether the fish buys in for the minimum or maximum. Shortstacks are preserving good game selection. You should all just be saying, "Thank you. I'm glad you are protecting fish so that they don't quickly realize how bad they suck" and so on. Alas, I understand your line of reasoning and the mental blocks that stand in the way of such an acknowledgment. Oh well....so it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

fish generally don't give a [censored] how big the stacks they're facing are....I don't see your point at all

Also if it's not clear, shorstacks ruin the games because they alter the whole way the game is played, turning it from a fun strategic game into a mindless preflop game. I definitely think they're the main reason why the big games on FT have dried up. Everytime a non-HU game forms 2 or 3 shortstacks quickly join and then the game becomes mindless, boring, and a waste of time for good players, so they leave. I applaud Stars and DN for taking this first step and hopefully it'll trickle down to all limits.

[/ QUOTE ]