View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: 40/80 Badugi Bellagio

Call and stand pat. It'll be read as either a monster or a really weak hand. You should be able to get a c/r in if the button is pat as well, also the button will think he's good for at least one street and may pat and/or call down the entire way with a worse badugi.

If you call down in later streets you will likely get people who draw to 10's or J's to stay with them hoping you're on the real weak badugi, and you may get value out of people trying to get you to break what they think is you having a bad badugi.

The pot is relatively large with this many people, so I like calling pre-draw to potentially get people out of the pot with a c/r or get them to make mistakes whether it being them reading you for weaker than you are, or them being scared of your holding and not getting as much value. 5 betting would be slight +EV here, but I think potentially getting people out of the pot is worth more.

If the button is pat, I might wait until one draw to go to c/r to eliminate the other two players if they're drawing. If no one else is pat, your deception allows you to make crying pot odds calls on the end because people might read you for weak. I don't think you eliminate the field any by capping predraw or c/r'ing the first draw. Added benefit is an 8 or a 7 made on the 2nd draw might get spooked enough that you don't lose any extra bets, and you can potentially get away cheaply given the right action on the first draw.

I can't think of an old guy in this game that isn't pat on the button or have at least 1,2,4.