Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Index Page 3

Sorry, I don't go into these beers with deep complicated reviews. Everyone has different tastes. I know what I like so I'll just list some of the IPA's that I've been drinking and where they rank in my opinion compared to each other. Hopefully, I find the occassion to add a proper review of Bear Republic Racer 5 this weekend.

Best (to my liking)
--Stone IPA
--Great Divide Titan IPA

Worth A try
--Bell's Two Hearted Ale
--Southern Tier IPA

Decent
--Victory Hop Devil
--Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale

Eh
--Redhook IPA
--Pyrammid Thunderhead
--Saranac IPA

Also in my fridge right now, I have some Bell's Oberon Ale. This is my favorite summer wheat beer right now. Sadly living in PA, I have to buy by the case normally, so I don't have many to compare. It's very refreshing on a hot day. It goes down very easily. Do not drink from the bottle. Take care when pouring to avoid yeast into the pint (unless you like that - I don't).

Southern Tier Pumking - I had some of my friend's draft at the bar the other day. The pumpkin and cinnamon aroma is very strong. When drinking this, tha flavors are impossible to mistake. It basically tastes exactly like pumpkin pie filling. The flavor is overpowering for the beer in my opinion. This is one that you will either love or hate. I personally hated it, as did my friend. Her review - it was like drinking runny pie filling. it was horrendous. Many people at the bar raved seemed to really enjoy it. So again, to each their own.