Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Index Page 3

Haven't been in here for a while. Really glad to see what you've done wookie. With that, I'm going to review a beer.

California, and the West Coast are home to tons of great micro brews. Some of the best in the world imo. Knowing that I was moving back home to the Midwest (MN), big shoes, and big expectations needed to be filled.

Fortunately for me, I live a block away from the best liquor store in Minnestoa; Surdyk's.

I pulled a sixer of Goose Island's Nut Brown Ale. As a big fan of this varietal, I couldn't resist. At $6.49, it's very reasonably priced. Let me say, Newcastle is extremely overrated, and this Goose Island beer just makes it that much more clear. It's just more robust, and flavorable.

At first sniff your olfactory glands are greeted with a nutty, chocolaty smell, almost espresso like.

This beer tastes how it smells. And, it's very good. It pours with medium head, and is very oxygenated. I like this beer a lot, especially for it's price. The only thing I don't care for is the lackluster Newcastle like finish, just not much there.

I award this beer [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/5