View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How do you keep track of players\' tendencies live

Hey thanks for the advice, last night was the first night of the league. I get there and find it is going to be 6-max tables and I'm normally horrible at 6-max online.

The thing about giving people archetypes and thinking about how I want to play against them and what relative position I am to them really helped.

I was a little nervous at first and managed to basically sit out the first 1/2 hour because I was pretty card dead. Caught a few good hands in the next 1/2 hour and started to up the agression.

Also quickly read Caro's book before I went which I found extremely useful. The guy that won last year was shaking like a leaf every time he had a good hand.

I actually found this much easier than playing online. Is that normal? ie. people stacking off lighter: example - I had A5o in BB and the flop is 522r, turn is T and river is an A. I bet the whole way through and stack a guy that was at the final table last year who had A6o. Another example - I turn a straight flush and stack a guy holding AJ when an A hits the river. Do people fall in love with Aces live or do they just think people bluff more live or what is going on here?

Found it extremely easy to take down my table compared to online.