View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 9/11 As it happened

[ QUOTE ]

There was also a series of pictures of "the falling man," a guy who was going down, on fire, I think. It was buried and tucked out of the public consciousness very quickly. I think it needed to stay right out front and center.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your comment that we shouldn't censor anything as it is happening, however, I do disagree with the above statement. The reason I say that is because we do not need to show video of individual people dying in events such as these to understand the magnitude of the event taking place. More importantly, I think it shouldn't not be aired repeatedly out of respect to family and friends who lost people in this attack, but are unusure how they demised. Imagine having lost a loved one, and everytime you see video of someone falling out of the towers wondering if that's the person you love.

That said, I'm firmly against censorship. I believe any video available should be aired as it initially becomes available, and then be available to be viewed by everyone chosing to do so, ie. on the news stations websites.