View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: I have decided to buy a Wii!

I own:

Wii Sports (obv. it comes with it)

Wii Play (worth it because it's like $10 if you factor in the cost of an extra wiimote which I assume you'll be buying)

Trauma Center (pretty cool, however I might trade it in, because there's probably better stuff)

Excite Truck (I was thinking about trading this one in with TC for a new game, maybe I'll try it out again. It was fun, but seemed kinda monotonous)

Zelda (barely played it. my brother passed it and loved it)

Strikers Charged (was awesome, still is fun, but played it hard for a while, and probably overdid it)

I rented:
The Bigs (definitely a renter. fun, but it definitely has some cons, such as fielding controls and the cpu makes ridiculous over the fence catches on my homeruns into the 2nd deck. it's arcade style so don't expect a nice baseball sim. there isn't even season mode. Rookie Challenge is essentially the main game where you make a rookie and build up his stats as you play games and different scenarios. it's fun, but gets monotonous and isn't worth a buy)

I'm going to buy:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Guitar Hero III

Thoughts on other games:

Mario Party (i heard it's just junk, and i wasn't too impressed with the most recent one on GCN)

Super Paper Mario (i love this series, but it's too easy, and i don't really have the time now to just breeze through a game that probably takes a while)

SSX Blur (i might buy this one still)

Wario Ware: (I was all set to buy this. love wario ware on gcn, then i found out multiplayer was just hot seating with one controller. LAME! such a bad decision. so i didn't buy it, but i've heard it's still fun even though you gotta pass the controller around. i'd buy it if it was $20)

Metroid 3: (this one intrigues me. i've never played the metroid series though. kinda the same reason as super paper mario that i haven't bought it though. don't really have the time for it. i prefer the multiplayer games, and don't so much like sitting down for a 1p game. notice how i have barely played zelda and i love zelda games)

Madden 08 (i'm going to rent this one and check it out. pretty good chance i'll buy it. i've heard the mini-games alone make it awesome)