View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Default nl100 interesting river spot vs tagfish deep

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($213.90)
Hero ($238.20)
UTG ($150.20)
MP ($130.75)
Button ($188)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($22) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17.

River: ($56) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $42</font> Hero raises to $210

villain is a standard tag fish. i have been 3betting him with a moderate frequency. we tangled a few times earlier in the session, but he's seemed to of avoided me lately or bad run of cards whatever. we're kind of deep so this gives me a huge edge as i feel like villain will be playing timid throughout hands with me, which could be why he's avoided pots with me.

as for the hand, plan was to float but then it occurred to me that villain was going to be double barreling a good turn a lot of the time with absolute air. for some reason this made me think that calling was a better decision than raising. reviewing the hand i think i should of raised the turn.

the call on the turn put me in a tricky spot on the river. i know villain is betting the turn with air a lot of the time. i think it's a large possibility that villain has air once this particular river hits. right now i think that the following thought would be going through the villain's head: "the only way i can win the pot is if i bet." or something to that affect.

tldr; basically i think villain has air here and can't call a shove