View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Ask mrbaseball about trading for a living

[ QUOTE ]
I've proven to myself that taking the trade is +EV - yet clicking on the "buy" button on the screen when all I see is doom, gloom, and red arrows, feels like selling my soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that feeling well! A trade always looks fantastic until you get it on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Read both of Mark Douglas' books (The Dicsiplined Trader and Trading in the Zone) if you haven't already. These will help. Read the Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith (sounds like his strategies are right up your alley).

I am relatively new to directional trading (a couple of years) and it is only a portion of what I do but it definitely has some pyschological hurdles and boundaries to overcome. Most of my career has always been spreading of some sort be it options or futures and grand strategies. For that kind of trading the psycholical hurdles are minimal.

For my spec trading (trading outside or my managed trade programs) I typically scalp spreads. But I wanted to learn directional trading so a few years back I added that to my arsenal. It feels different in every way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So I read and studied a lot. The Douglas books helped me a great deal in my directional trading pursuits. When I first read them I thought he was writing about me specifically!