View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: How to Dominate...or Largay\'s book?

[ QUOTE ]
Largay's book is awful.

I bought Largay's book and it has some absurdly awful information in it such as buying in for $100 in a 1-2 NL game and going all in with 82s preflop on the first hand against multiple opponents (I am not joking).

Buy and read any no limt book with Ed Miller's name on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody who plays a LAG style, at 2/5 and 5/10 capped NL live games, will instantly recognize the pure gold that is Angel's book. If you play online or generally a tighter live style, it may not be right for you.

BTW, his 82s had +EV, if you read the whole story. And the image he gets with showing that is worth much more than any -EV on the hand. I use a lot of what he uses, and I get my all-ins called 75+ percent of the time. If you're into small ball, grinding it out type of poker, Angel's book is not right for you. But if you play for stacks, Angel is the way to go.

Before Angel's book, I would stack people when I got a great hand and they couldn't fold a good hand. Now I get stacks when I have a good OR great hand and they have absolutely nothing, or maybe a good hand. Seriously, I've gotten called all in preflop for 80+ blinds by: AQ, Q9s, 99, JTo, and more than I can't think of at the moment. The ace-queen and the nines didn't even think about it---and these were guys who SHOWED hands like jacks to other players and folded preflop, making that good laydown... but not against me. Then they proceeded to comment how lucky I was to have aces or kings each of those times, and continued to congratulate themselves of making a tough but right call that just happened to not work out. These are players who DON'T normally give action--except the queen nine, he was tilting.

Angle's book is gold for small and medium stakes capped NL live games. Period!

Also, while I really liked NLTAP and SSHE, it's pretty clear that Ed Miller just doesn't play much no limit and he's not going to be able to give much depth like Angel's book does.