View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: tough spot vs wiltontilt

[ QUOTE ]
Someone explain to me exactly what it means to say "he's likely to play perfectly against you on the river".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe my choice of words weren't correct. My point is that if we call, it should be pretty obvious what our hand is. Therefore when he has some type of combo draw, he can always valuebet when he hits and he can bluff with the correct frequency. I know this is all just a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but without a range it's kind of difficult to show my point.

For example, let's say a spade or a club hits the river, what percentage of the time should we call his river bet? It can't be 100%, nor can it be 0%. If it's 0%, then we're calling his turn bet to dodge over half the deck. But I think that even if we call the river the correct percentage of the time, it's still -EV for us.

[ QUOTE ]
also, isn't Dazarath the guy that embarassed a fish in a 5/10 live game by making him show his hand after he got stacked ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite get if your point is that I'm an ass or what, but I find this to be pretty irrelevant to this thread. Unless you're trying to show that my poker play is somehow terrible due to my lack of live etiquette.