View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: AA gets checkraised by Tight villain

I can see a couple of different scenarious where we might be ahead enough to get it in on the flop against a tight, solid opponent:

It all depends on what you think he will call with from the sb.
1. He calls with quite a lot of suited cards to "outplay" you, the NFD is going to love this flop. Also hands like 67, KQs might start to feel frisky on this flop. Basically more hands make draws than made hands on this board and if he is any good he is going to try to make moves with many of them, not just combo draws.

2. His range from the sb is basically 22-TT. He folds 22, but how would he play 44, 77-TT? If you think he has any kind of idea of not turning made hands into a bluff, like he would really hate to get it in with 99 etc on this board, this is a fold. But this is not really standard tagfish behaviour, they raise to find out where they are, inflate the pot in marginal spots etc.

First I was like omg fold, but after thinking a bit more about it I like call flop, shove any non-spade turn. Really, the only opponent I wouldn´t like this spot against is a guy who only calls occasionally with suited cards and who seems to be ok at tayloring the size of the pot to his hand.