View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: AA gets checkraised by Tight villain

Good point jackrich.
I don't really know. I think I look at this situation in a bit screwed up way . I'll do my best to explain..

I believe we can pretty much narrow his holdings in to three categories:
1. Flushdraws. Every non-spade helps us.
2. Set. Every A, spade, 4, and maybe some other cards that would be scarecards for him helps us(or is he not folding a set either way? Depends on villain, I guess.)
3. Bluff/semibluff, all cards are in our favour/doesn't really matter what card hits.
The hard part about this hand IMO is finding out what he actually has, and I think the turn would help us alot to find that out.

When I'm calling this flop, to some extent I'm not concerned about what card hits on the turn. I'm more interested in what he does, us having position and all.

I think I look at it this way; if he has a set he will definately make a bet on the turn, and then we can safely fold. Only exeption is if a super scarecard for his set hits, then he would propably check, right(and we could bet making his decision very hard)? This is somewhat dependent on villain, because if he bets no matter what card hits we're pretty lost and might as well fold the flop.
If he has a flushdraw he will check, and if he is semibluffing/bluffing he will check.
So, if he checks the turn, I'm propably betting no matter what. I can't think of any hands he would have the balls to c/r with(and if he does, then gg nh), and he would have a very hard time calling a bet if he has a hand he is checking the turn with.
If he is very aggro/ballsy he would propably make a great play(IMO) and bet the turn anyhow, thus making us fold. But looking at his stats I don't think villain is that kind of a player.
Now, this might all be a result of how I play(I play way more laggy than OP, and therefore get raised more i suppose) and it might be one of the reasons I have pretty high variance.

I might be overthinking this, but I pretty much know this is how I would play the hand. It might not be the right thing to do at all, I dont consider myself that good a player yet. But I just hate to lay this down on the flop.

Meh, I dont know. I give up [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]