View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Way to get the thread off guys. Its sad, this man will never move again and will go through more in the next few years than all the douchebags commenting on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed it's sad. Said it several times. What, that's not enough? I somehow need to write a letter to prove I'm not a bad guy?

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how unhappy some of you must be in your own lives to come and comment on his situation in this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it was sad. And it is. Not sure what other comment about his situation you are upset about. Of course, I asked in like 6 consecutive posts earlier for examples of what I was being accused of and haven't seen a response yet, either.

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing that may come from this situation is further attention on paralysis and the impact it has on the lives of hundreds of thousands and their families.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to bring this up, but I think it'll make a good point. I've donated $1,500/year the last 3 years to spinal cord research. Truth. Now am I suddenly a more caring guy and better person than the letter writers? Of course not. Just as not writing a letter doesn't make me a worse guy. But, hey, let's all attack the guys who say that this event, while sad, isn't any more or less sad than thousands of daily occurrances.

PS - I wonder how many of the email writers would've taken enough time to write an actual letter, buy a stamp, and mail it, if email wasn't available. I'm guessing a tiny fraction of them. Are those who would take that extra effort better people yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope its true that you donate money to paralysis research. Hopefully within 5-10 years therapies will emerge that will enable him to walk. I am also paralyzed, I am fortunate enough to have a low enough level of injury that I live a normal life, unlike Everett. Any hopes he once had are dashed and his expected life span is shortened dramatically.

The part I found odd was that all the posters before you were posting was "sent". And you felt the need to say "Nah". You brought the attention to yourself for whatever reason. You think its odd it gets attention??? He was paralyzed on national TV! Is it any sadder than an 18yr old kid who gets paralyzed in a car wreck? No, of course not. But it is still a sad moment. I just find it odd that in a thread meant to uplift a guy, you choose to post "Nah". But cheers to donating to spinal cord research and maybe in the near future accidents like this won't mean the end to a normal healthy life.