View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Got him in the middle

[ QUOTE ]
When u hit, you get paid off. When u miss, a cheap fold. It doesn't get any better. Its insane, especially this part;

"If I catch a Seven or a club, I'll probably get a free card, and I'll take it, because I'll still be behind and hoping to catch"

[/ QUOTE ]
On Fifth I have a significant equity edge, and I ought to be exploiting it by getting more bets in the pot, though my hand is not "best" at the moment.

On Sixth, I am only getting one more shot at my outs, and my equity position, while solid is no longer a big money favorite, so I am not looking to get more money in the pot unless I improve, which will be more difficult, since I will not be in a position to raise if I improve in sight, since I will get checked-to.

[ QUOTE ]
And BTW could you please tell me what exactly is a DECENT player. Is this a positive or negative characterization. Because DECENT is a losing player in my book. As in, a player you could CR. Which you are in a perfect position to pull off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would consider a player decent (whether or not I have an edge on him) if he is not too loose on third, gets reasonable value for his hands, attempts to eliminate drawing hands early, doesn't play one-way draws heads-up in small pots, that sort of thing. I have PTS stats on most of my regular opponents, and most of those that I consider "decent" are also winning players. I would not generally consider losing players "decent."